Of late I haven’t been the most conscientious blogger. I find it difficult sometimes to think of things to talk about.
I would love to join in with the blog memes such as WIP Wednesday and FO Friday. I certainly produce work at a rate fast enough to be showing something new almost every week but unfortunately almost all of them are headed for publications and I am required to be a secret squirrel and not publish even sneaky peeks.
Then I hit upon and idea.
Things I Didn’t Know Tuesdays
- How to submit to a magazine
- How to make good sketches for submissions.
- How to take an idea from inspiration to finished object.
- Important things to consider and include when writing a pattern.
- What goes into making a pattern pdf.
- What a tech editor is and does.
- How designers plan the different sizes for garments.
- Why swatching is SO important.
- How to teach someone to knit and crochet.
- How to knit small circumferences in the round.
- How not to get in a merry tangle when knitting with more than one colour.
- How to do a good job weaving in ends.
- How to close an underarm gap when working a top down sweater
- How to pick up stitches.
- How to choose a good cast on and cast off for a project (I didn’t know there were more than 2 of each I don’t think!)
- How to choose a suitable increase/decrease for a project.
- How and why to block finished objects.
- What ease really means.
- How to create a schematic.
- How and when to use short row shaping.