I am easing myself back in from my holidays with a little designing on the Suffolk Collection.
Here is an entire page full of maths that I did planning a shawl:
It all works out (yippee) but now I have started wondering if I have made the best design choices and if it shouldn’t be worked a different direction. I feel the design, a shallow top down triangular shawl might be a little bit pedestrian and that I need more wow maybe.
Things I know about this shawl:
- The name (not revealing it yet)
- That it is a shawl – don’t know why just do.
- The yarn I am using
- The inspiration behind it.
- That it will be solid rather than lacy
- That is will feature undulation and the stitch pattern I’ll be using to achieve that.
Things I don’t know about this shawl:
- The best way to make it as awesome as it can be.
This is the yarn I’m using
The colours are so lovely that I wonder if that is what is stalling me, wanting to do them justice.
I shall spend some more time fiddling today and hopefully get myself some answers via the power of swatching and ripping.